While modern mobile phones come with increasingly internal storage space (although the trend is to remove the SD card slots), always good to have a online application storage on our Android device. And not afraid to run out of free site to install new applications or fill our disk space with photos, videos and other chorradas received by WhatsApp, but by having a backup in the cloud of all our important files in case you some misfortune happens to your smartphone or tablet.
The official mobile app of online storage service excellence.
Such services are dozens: Google Drive, OneDrive, Mega, My Cloud, Cloud Me, SugarSync, etc., but surely one of the most popular, both Android and other platforms and operating systems, either dropbox, the application of the Californian company founded in 2007 by two students from MIT, Drew Houston and Arash Ferdowsi. What that popular? It is difficult to say exactly, but possibly a combination of simplicity, zero cost, safety and for being one of the first services of its kind to appear.
How it works and how to use dropbox Android
Your app for Android devices is very easy to use. Simply download the APK to your smartphone, install the application and login if you are already registered on the service. Immediately you have access to all your folders and previously uploaded to your account, possibly from the web application or Windows desktop client or Mac, if it is the first time you use the mobile version files.
¿How to upload new files and then share? It is as simple as following these steps:
- Step 1: Click on the button blue circle with the + symbol on the bottom right corner of the interface.
- Step 2: Select the Upload Files option or Upload Photos or Videos, depending on the type of file you are going to save in the cloud.
- Step 3: Browse through the folders on your smartphone through integrated until you find the file in question browser.
- step 4: Select the file and press the blue button labeled with the word Up.
- step 5: A push notification will alert you when the upload is complete.
- step 6: To share the file uploaded navigate to your online folder, click the drop-down menu and select the option Share.
- step 7Creates a Read Only access link and email it to the person you want to share.
¿dropbox or Google Drive? Which is better?
When we talk about an online storage service it is unavoidable comparison with which it is now the king of hosting services in the cloud: Google and its Google Drive app.
The truth is that from the outset, it seems that the platform of the Mountain View to save files online servers gives many turns to the service bring us hand: more space in the free plan (2 vs 15 GB), the possibility several people edit the same document at once or integration with Gmail and other Google services.
Google Drive is a tough opponent for dropbox.
Seen this way, we can hardly find advantages of using this service instead of GDrive, but if you do not want the accommodation of your important documents and files rely exclusively on Google and its privacy policies, you might want to serve the blue box. In addition the free space on Google Drive is not expandable without pulling checkbook, while the dropbox Yes, so far spameo your colleagues still you could come to equate the ability of both systems, as we explain below.
prices dropbox. How much?
This online storage service has different plans with different prices depending on the amount of free space you require to host your files in the cloud.
- Basic features: The free version of the service that gives you 2GB of space, expandable to 16 GB via invitations to your friends at 500 MB extra for invitation.
- account Pro: The paid version that offers 1TB of space for the modest price 9,99 € per month or 99.99 € per year.
- Business account: Is designed for companies and organizations version. Its price varies depending on their size and the number of people who need access.
What's new in the latest version
- Performance improvements.
Store your documents in the cloud