No one doubts that Netflix, Spotify and YouTube are changing the way we consume media from your computer. The emergence and evolution of these services, with the increasing speed of Internet transmission is causing us to decant for watching movies and TV and listening to music by streaming rather than downloading files video and audio to your PC.
But despite their proliferation, we always find something we want to have saved on your hard drive, whether that movie that reminds us of our childhood, that series you want to see during the 3 hour bus ride back home or that album you want to listen anytime, anywhere, regardless of whether you have internet connection or not.
A great alternative to Vuze, Ares, BitComet or Emule.
And that is where BitTorrent, he protocol P2P file sharing and transfer of large files most widespread in the world, with more than 150 million active users, and from which you can download almost everything from music videos to movies to songs, albums, documents, video games, books in PDF, etc. And this is the discharge of their official client, developed and maintained by the company behind the protocol that lets you manage all your downloads as efficiently and quickly.
- Add torrent directly from the interface or search files download sites like Kickass Torrents, elitetorrent or Newpct.
- integrated search to find any movie, series, album or song.
- Pause, resume, cancel and delete downloads without any problem.
- General information on each download, including Peers data, seeds and trackers.
- Graphs showing much the download speed and upload.
- Configuration options to adjust the number of simultaneous downloads and the bandwidth used.
- Ability to customize the interface using skins.
- Play multimedia files directly from the application with the integrated player.
- Pro version free advertising, with automatic anti-malware protection and torrents preview using a HD player.
- Remote control discharges through the client thanks to the Android app BitTorrent Remote.
Which is better? ¿BitTorrent or uTorrent?
Both customers are the two best examples of downloading files via peer-to-peer networks. Although uTorrent was originally developed by Ludvig Strigeus since 2006 also it belongs to the same company BitTorrent Inc. therefore two customers are virtually identical with very similar performance.
Of course, many users have uTorrent as their favorite torrent client, arguing that it is a lighter program in which downloads are completed faster. But the truth is that today, 10 years after leading developed by the same company there are no significant differences between the two.
Another BitTorrent software: Now and Sync
Responsible for the company are aware that streaming services are increasingly popular, jeopardizing its hegemony in the field of transferring media files. Therefore, not to be stuck in the past, they have developed two new services:
- BitTorrent now: An app to Free streaming music and video fully legal way as the contents are uploaded directly by its creators, making competition Spotify and Netflix.
- BitTorrent Sync: P2P-based software to synchronize and share files between computers connected to the same local network or Internet devices, making it the direct competition to Dropbox.
What's new in the latest version
- No he posted the changelog.
How to Speed Up BitTorrent