How many times have you downloaded an .iso file from the Internet or any other disk image to install a new game or application and you had to burn an optical disc such as a CD or DVD to run the installation? Yes, it is a valid solution, but perhaps not the most optimal, especially if you can get a program like daemon Tools that allows you virtualize disk drives without wasting physical disks.
The best alternative to UltraISO and PowerISO.
This way you can assemble and emulate a virtual drive on your PC, either DT or SCSI, you can install your favorite programs or games. But not only that, but, depending on the version installed, you can also create, convert and edit image files, copy and erase discs, emulate IDE devices, create writeable virtual devices, add RAM disks, create bootable USB memory or protect USB drives with a password. As you can see, it is a program with many possibilities.
Main features daemon Tools Lite
Obviously not all features mentioned above are available in the Lite version, but the most basic you can get us out of a tight spot at any time. Namely:
- Mount disk images on virtual drives.
- Monta files VHD and TrueCrypt.
- Able to work with up to 4 virtual drives (DT or SCSI).
- support virtualize various types of images: MDX, ISO, B5T, B6T, CDI, BIN / CUE, APE / CUE, FLAC / CUE, NRG, etc.
- Imaging physical disk as a CD, DVD or Blu-ray MDS, MDF or MDX format.
- possibility of organize your catalog of pictures.
- Password protection images created.
What is the best Daemon Tools? And what is free?
First of all, you should know that there are several versions of this software and each adapted to different circumstances, so depending on exactly what you need, one way or another will be better for you. Yes you know the only one of them is completely free is the Lite version and offering the most basic functions mount disk images. Others are extra and cost between 30 and 50 euros.
- Pro: This is a more advanced software with professional features that adds support for up to 32 virtual devices DT and SCSI and 4 IDE devices.
- Personal Lite: It is the ad-free version of the Lite edition and also brings additional features such as lifetime updates and support for up to 256 devices DT and 32 SCSI devices.
- Ultra: The most complete software family, all in one with support for up to 256 DT devices, SCSI devices 32 and 4 IDE devices. It also allows running multiple attendees simultaneously.
- Net: The solution for those users who need to work with virtual drives on different computers can store and share images through a home or business network.
Now that you know, download this virtualization software to your Windows computer and begins to mount virtual drives for your programs. Let the optical discs are no longer wear!
What's new in the latest version
- Ability to mount RAR and 7z files.
Learn to mount images ISO