After the little failure of Windows 8, Microsoft returns to the fray with a new operating system promises to be the best they've ever released. We talk about Windows 10, a strategy designed platform run on all types of devices, from PCs to game consoles, smartphones and tablets through.
It seems that in Redmond have learned from their past mistakes, bringing together in the same system the best of Windows 7 and Windows 8. little salvageable Thus, with a much more modern interface, brings back the Start Menu, and maintains the now classic Tiles and compatibility with touch screens. The most important new features introduces us to Cortana to the desktop and presents an alternative web browser such as Microsft Edge.
- New Start Menu returning after the fiasco of Windows 8.
- Personal assistant Cortana built-in desk to search and schedule reminders.
- View tasks accessible by keyboard shortcut Alt + Tab application to easily switch between all currently running.
- Tasks renovated bar that subtly emphasizes those instances running applications.
- New Center Activities notifications of all your apps.
- the Windows File Explorer is renewed with quick access to all locations and folders that frequently visits.
- Microsoft Edge as web browser default coexists with Internet Explorer 11.
- Multiple virtual desktops accessible via the keyboard shortcut Windows + Control + Left or Right Arrow.
- Direct access to the Windows Store and universal apps for PC, mobile and Xbox.
- Function continuum that lets you switch between tablet mode for touch screens and traditional mode optimized for mouse and keyboard.
- DirectX 12 for improved rendering 2D and 3D vector graphics.
Windows 7 vs Windows 10. Which is better?
We will not enter the debate about which operating system is best. Each has its good things and bad things, but the truth is that Windows 7 is already getting old, so it is always advisable to leave behind the older version and upgrade to the new edition of Windows. Why? Well basically support issues and security updates in the not too distant future will cease to exist for Windows 7. In addition, it is the only way to enjoy the new features we've told you before, as the personal assistant Cortana on the desktop or the new Microsoft browser Edge.
Where update Windows 10 Anniversary Update?
By now you're late to update your operating system Windows 10. You had until last July 29, 2016 to do it for free. For it had simply click on the annoying pop-up jumping every few from the system tray offering Get Windows 10. Previously you had to ensure that your Windows 7 or 8.1 was fully updated and prepared for the process that could take as long between 30 and 90 minutes depending on the computer.
Now that the deadline has passed, you must resort to download ISO This operating system that can find both in the official website of Microsoft as on this page, and you have to burn to a DVD (weighing more than 4 gigabytes) or USB to proceed with installation. Yes, it is no longer free so you have to pay yourself a key valid and legal product.
What's new in the latest version
- Fixed an issue with uninstalling apps.
- Security enhancements.