Independently developed and launched publicly in 2009, Minecraft it has become a mass phenomenon. Its creator Markus 'Notch' Persson tossed through Mojang and perhaps did not expect the success it achieved in a short time. East adventure game sandbox type construction with a pixel size of chickpeas, It has sold tens of millions of copies ... and ended in the hands of Microsoft who paid for their rights more than 2,000 million euros.
So now backed by a large company the game has health iron (although who knows if you can die of success, it would not be the first) and has seen how it has been reinforced in different ways. Also how they have launched versions for different platforms like Windows, PS4, Xbox, iPhone, Android APK format (in phones it is the PE or Pocket Edition) and Mac, version that concerns us here.
But the fact is that Minecraft Mac is not very different from the PC. That is, you can explore randomly generated worlds and build all types of buildings: From a ramshackle hut to a palace worthy of megalomaniac people. You just need to keep in mind a few things: that if you learn to combine and crafting well your tools, you find yourself in a world of unlimited resources.
Two game modes and an unlimited experience
There are two game modes to exploit the features of the game, where you can define the difficulty in the world to play, from more peaceful more contentious:
- Creative mode: Play with unlimited resources where you can simply devote to explore everything around you and build imposing buildings.
- survival modeHere you face dangers and creatures that force you to build shelters, armor and weapons.
- extreme mode: Identical to the survival but high difficulty and generated world is erased if the player dies.
- spectator modeYou can fly and watch the game without interacting, from an own point of view or from another player or creature.
- adventure mode: For players who create maps for users who want to play online or alone.
In both modes the game It focuses on placing and destroying blocks, being able to play in first person or vision also change it to third. These blocks are different elements of nature such as stone, minerals, wood or earth. At least in primary state, because the player can always crafting, ie work them and combine them to make other tools to help make tools and more complex buildings.
In addition, as we say the game It is randomly generated by an algorithm, which allows it to be infinite and no two equal worlds. This way you can go jungles, deserts, tundras, oceans, plains, mountains ... and yes, there are cycles of day and night, 20 minutes into the game equals one day.
- Build a virtual world without restrictions of any kind.
- Different game modes.
- Combines different game modes: action, construction, adventures ...
- Explore the world freely generated.
- Create your own world with the editor.
- Play online multiplayer real-time mode.
- Customize the game with mods and skins (but not those who were in London in the 70s and 80s).
While the game offers great flexibility, hence part of its success. In fact permits customize different aspects by using mods and skins with which you can characterize your character or alter the environment.
What's new in the latest version
- Minor bug fixes and improvements in privacy.