It is useful to learn how to disable Avast! temporarily. This action is very simple to perform. Here's are the steps to disable protection of Avast !.
Sometimes you need your antivirus Avast! Do not block some files that you download on your PC. Or maybe, you need to install other security software, as a firewall. In these situations you must turn off your antivirus or pause momentarily some of their shields.
In this short tutorial we show how to disable Avast! Pausing completely and some of the shields temporarily.
Off protection Avast! temporarily
This action is simple, but leave your PC exposed to all kinds of threats. If you still need to disable antivirus for a while, you can do it this way:
- Go to the taskbar of your PC and click with the right mouse button on the orange icon Avast !.
- In the pop-up that opens, click the option "Control shields avast!".
- Now choose how long: 10 minutes, 1 hour, until the computer is restarted or permanently.
- Finally, confirm the action.
Disabling all shields Avast!
Confirmation of disabling all shields Avast!
If you open the main window Avast! (State) will see a screen like this:
Status screen Avast!
click on "resolve all" to enable the protection again.
Off some shields Avast!
Avast! It offers protection in several areas and it has different shields: Antispam (available in paid editions) File System Shield, Web Shield, Mail Shield...
Then we will see how to disable only the active shield you want leaving the rest of protections:
- Open the program interface and see "Configuration" (The gear icon in the left margin).
- In the pop-up, click on "active protection". You have access to the view of the active shields.
- Click on the one you want to disable and select how long: 10 minutes, 1 hour, until the computer restarts or permanently.
Selecting shields Avast! to disable
Status screen Avast!
In the main window, you'll see the warning in yellow. click on "resolve all" To reactivate the disabled shields.
Now you know how to turn off your Avast! or pause shields. Be cautious and active protection as soon as possible so that your team is not exposed the dangers of the Internet.